If you happen to get onto the first page on Google or Bing you have a very good chance of being clicked. So how do you do it? Here are 5 top tips to help you rank higher by improving your website:
- Make sure your website is structured well and can be navigated easily. Do you have well defined routes to guide your customers through your website?
- Use your webmaster tools to fix any errors that crop up. Google and Bing webmaster tools provide a lot of functionality.
- Make sure you have no broken links. i.e. all your links work. Test them every couple of weeks.
- Keep your website content fresh. By doing so you will train Google and Bing to keep looking and indexing your site.
- Ensure you have fully optimised your website using keywords in the right places and in an appropriate density. Make sure the search engines know what your page is about.