· Have clear titles and headings on your web pages
· Have interesting, unique and readable content for each web page incorporating keywords and themes relating to the titles and headings.
· Good clear navigation to help your visitor
· Regularly updated content
· Have presence off-site through social media and content building
Now that we know what SEO is, why do you need it? As discussed above, SEO is very important especially if you are a small business. Big businesses have loads of money available for marketing and can afford to advertise their brand in big name magazines etc. For small businesses this is not possible, but SEO provides a level playing field (well almost). Of course big brands will probably have SEO teams in place, but for small businesses, especially local businesses, there is an opportunity to rank up there with the big guys. Your website may be locally relevant or indeed concentrate on a niche market. In this way you may well outrank the big competitors as long as your website is optimised. You will then see an increase in your website customers which will hopefully convert to sales.
So the takeaway message is that even small businesses who can’t afford to spend lots of money on advertising can still make an impact locally using search engine optimisation. Get in touch if we can help your small business. We offer a FREE SEO report to find out if you need help. Tel: 07867951266 email@example.com